Program Site Visits
University employees (admin, advisor, international office, faculty, risk department, etc.) are invited to explore Global Brigades’ on-the-ground operations and program impact. With more than 10+ years of experience, Global Brigades has hosted thousands of volunteers on short-term (7-10 day) brigades in our programming countries: Honduras, Panama, Ghana, Greece & Guatemala. Given that the majority of Global Brigades’ Chapters are organized on university campuses in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Germany, we want to ensure that university administration is informed about Global Brigades’ program impact, safety practices, in-country infrastructure, and overall operations as we welcome their students abroad.
Background & Purpose
2020 Dates & Itineraries
We are offering site visits throughout 2020 in Honduras, Panama, Greece, and Guatemala. Upon registering for a site visit, you will have the opportunity to select the country and dates that work best for you based on interest and availability.
Panama Site Visits
Panama is offering a site visit from August 2-8, 2020. Tentative itinerary as follows:
- Day 1 Arrive to PTY, Meeting at GB Offices to have introductory meeting and review the itinerary of visits
- Day 2 Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in the EAST/Darien, return to PTY (Panama City)
- Day 3 Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in the west/Coclé and possibly Veraguas, return to PTY
- Day 4 Debrief in the office and Depart from PTY
Honduras Site Visits
Honduras is offering on site visits from February 18-21, April 21-24, and August 2-8, 2020. Tentative itinerary as follows:
- Day 1: Arrive to Tegus, Meeting at GB Offices to have introductory meeting and review the itinerary of visits
- Day 2: Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in region 1 (South region of the country), return to Tegucigalpa
- Day 3: Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in region 2 (East region of the country), return to Tegucigalpa
- Day 4: Debrief & Depart from Tegucigalpa.
Greece Site Visits
Greece is offering on site visits from July 26-28, 2020.
Guatemala Site Visits
Guatemala is offering on site visits from August 9-13, 2020.
Program Contribution & Logistics
All ground transportation, meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), lodging, and emergency travel insurance for the duration of the visit will be arranged for and covered by Global Brigades. Each university representative will be responsible for booking their own airfare to and from the program country, and for communicating their flight information to Global Brigades to ensure logistics can be arranged accordingly. Upon registration you will be connected with a Global Brigades staff member who will further support you.
The 2020 site visits are open to university employees. We accept registrants on a rolling basis. There will be a cap of 10 registrants per site visit. Please register as soon as possible to secure your spot.
For questions regarding university liaison program site visits, please reach out to email@example.com