Program Site Visits
University employees (admin, advisor, international office, faculty, risk department, etc.) are invited to explore Global Brigades’ on-the-ground operations and program impact this summer in 2019! With more than 10+ years of experience, Global Brigades has hosted thousands of volunteers on short-term (7-10 day) brigades in four programming countries: Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, and Ghana. Given that the majority of Global Brigades’ Chapters are organized on university campuses in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Germany, we want to ensure that university administration is informed about Global Brigades’ program impact, safety practices, in-country infrastructure, and overall operations as we welcome their students abroad.
Background & Purpose
2019 Dates & Itineraries
We are offering site visits in the summer of 2019 to Panama, Honduras, and Ghana. Upon registering for a site visit, you will have the opportunity to select the country and dates that work best for you based on interest and availability.
Panama Site Visits
Panama is offering a site visit from August 4-7, 2019. Tentative itinerary as follows:
- Day 1 Arrive to PTY, Meeting at GB Offices to have introductory meeting and review the itinerary of visits
- Day 2 Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in the EAST/Darien, return to PTY (Panama City)
- Day 3 Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in the west/Coclé and possibly Veraguas, return to PTY
- Day 4 Debrief in the office and Depart from PTY
Honduras Site Visits
Honduras is offering on site visits from August 4-7, 2019 and August 11-14, 2019. Tentative itinerary as follows:
- Day 1: Arrive to Tegus, Meeting at GB Offices to have introductory meeting and review the itinerary of visits
- Day 2: Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in region 1 (South region of the country), return to Tegucigalpa
- Day 3: Visits to Lodging Facility and Community(ies) in region 2 (East region of the country), return to Tegucigalpa
- Day 4: Debrief & Depart from Tegucigalpa.
Ghana Site Visits
Ghana is offering a site visit from August 15-18, 2019. Tentative itinerary as follows:
- Day 1: Arrive to Accra and proceed to Cape Coast for introductory meeting with GB office
- Day 2: Visits to Weda Ocean View Lodge, Anomabo Beach Resort and communities in Ekumfi District
- Day 3: Visits to Bobmah Hotel and communities in the AAK District
- Day 4: Debrief & Depart from Accra
Program Cost & Logistics
All ground transportation, meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), lodging, and emergency travel insurance for the duration of the visit will be arranged for and covered by Global Brigades. Each university representative will be responsible for booking their own airfare to and from the program country, and for communicating their flight information to Global Brigades to ensure logistics can be arranged accordingly. Upon registration you will be connected with a Global Brigades staff member who will further support you.
The summer 2019 site visits are open to university employees who serve as faculty advisors to Global Brigades Chapters, or work in risk/international travel departments. We accept registrants on a rolling basis with a final registration deadline of July 1st, 2019. There will be a cap of 10 registrants per site visit. Please register as soon as possible to secure your spot.
For questions regarding university liaison program site visits, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org