Title: Marketing Intern (Unpaid. Includes Brigade Scholarship)
Duration: Rolling start date (12 months)
Location: Virtual – United States, Canada, UK
Who We Are:
Global Brigades is an international non-profit that empowers communities to meet their health and economic goals through university volunteers and local teams. We work alongside rural community members to achieve their core development goals through integrated health, water and sanitation, and economic development programs. Based on its Holistic Model, Global Brigades’ mission is to sustainably transition out of each community once it has met development objectives relying on both the strong buy-in of the community members and a dedicated in-country staff. This role will also support Squads Abroad, Global Brigades’ sister organization that works with middle and high school volunteers to scale impact.
We are seeking an intern interested in telling the story of our impact through marketing. If you are passionate about helping others, can write compelling content, are confident about meeting deadlines, and are eager to learn, this role might be a good fit for you. This role will require 10 documented hours each week over the duration of this internship.
What You’ll Experience:
- A passionate and talented team of people who will support your role
- Supportive mentorship from the Global Brigades Director of Marketing and Marketing Associate
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills around email marketing strategy in the non-profit sector
- The ability to carry out digital strategies for social good
- An in-person brigade of your choice in Honduras/Panama/Guatemala/Ghana/Greece upon receiving brigade scholarship
- A letter of recommendation and LinkedIn review based on performance upon completion of the internship
- Completed a 5-6 month social media internship with Global Brigades or one year as a Campus Chairperson
- Available to attend the Global Brigades weekly marketing meeting on Tuesdays
- Capable of gaining fluency in Global Brigades & Squads Abroad messaging. Previous volunteer or Chapter Leader experience preferred
- Clarity, professionalism, friendliness, and approachability in communication tone
- Aptitude for digital marketing
- Excellent writing and communication skills; able to collaborate effectively in a virtual environment
- Organized and have excellent time management skills
- Pursuing or have a degree in Communication, Marketing, or Business preferred
Applications for this learning experience will be accepted until the internship roles are filled. The position begins on a rolling start date and ends after 12 months. Interns are expected to document 10 hours of work each week. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship with the opportunity to receive a full brigade scholarship. To apply for this internship, fill out your information, provide a resume, and share your video cover letter through this form.