Café Holístico is sourcing fair trade coffee through the Aldea Global Cooperative in Jinotega, Nicaragua. Café Holístico’s current offering is from Tierra Madre, a women-owned business.
- GROWER (COOPERATIVE): Aldea Global
- REGION: Jinotega, Nicaragua
- ALTITUDE: 1,000 – 1,400 masl
- PROCESS: Fully Washed, Sun Dried
- VARIETY: Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai, Catimor
- HARVEST: January – March
- CERTIFICATIONS: Fair Trade
Additionally, Café Holístico works with Global Brigades’ holistic communities in Honduras to build the capacity of local coffee farmers. Once the yield and quality of their product is improved, Café Holístico will also be offering coffee from these farms.