Global Brigades is an international non-profit that empowers communities to meet their health and economic goals through university volunteers and local teams. We work alongside rural community members to achieve their core development goals through integrated health, water and sanitation, and economic development programs. Based on its Holistic Model, Global Brigades’ mission is to sustainably transition out of each community once it has met development objectives relying on both the strong buy-in of the community members and a dedicated in-country staff. This role will also support Squads Abroad, Global Brigades’ sister organization that works with middle and high school volunteers to scale impact.
We are seeking an intern interested in telling the story of our health programs to be part of our large social media presence. If you are passionate about helping others, can effectively engage on social media platforms, are confident about meeting deadlines, and eager to learn, this role might be a good fit for you.
This role will require 10 documented hours each week over the course of 10 months.
What You’ll Experience:
- A passionate and talented team of people who will support your role.
- One-on-one mentoring from the Global Brigades Director of Marketing.
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills around social media strategy and content development in the non-profit sector
- The ability to carry out digital strategies for social good.
- A letter of recommendation and LinkedIn review based on performance upon completion of the internship.
- Available every Tuesday from 12-1 pm Pacific Time to attend a weekly marketing meeting.
- Able to dedicate scheduled one hour per week to draft and schedule social media posts.
- Can commit 30 minutes each day to actively engage with GB and Squads Abroad audiences on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Can commit 1 hour each day to proactively create content for the Medical Brigades and Squads Abroad social media channels and blogs.
- Strong fluency in Global Brigades & Squads Abroad messaging. Previous volunteer or Chapter Leader experience preferred.
- Clarity, professionalism, friendliness, and approachability in communication tone
- Aptitude for social media and digital marketing.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; able to collaborate effectively in a virtual environment
- Organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Pursuing or have a degree in Pre-Med, Biology, Communication, Marketing, or Business preferred
Applications for this unique learning experience will be accepted until the role is filled. The position begins on August 24th and ends May 28th. You are expected to document 10 hours of work each week. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship. To apply, please submit your resumé to Alexa Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.