Title: Social Media Intern – Video Editing (Unpaid)
Duration: 3 months June-August (with the opportunity to extend)
Location: Virtual – United States
Who We Are:
Global Brigades is an international non-profit that empowers communities to meet their health and economic goals through university volunteers and local teams. We work alongside rural community members to achieve their core development goals through integrated health, water and sanitation, and economic development programs. Based on its Holistic Model, Global Brigades’ mission is to sustainably transition out of each community once it has met development objectives relying on both the strong buy-in of the community members and a dedicated in-country staff. This role will also support Squads Abroad, Global Brigades’ sister organization that works with middle and high school volunteers to scale impact.
We are seeking an intern interested in telling the story of Global Brigades and Squads Abroad. If you are passionate about helping others, can effectively engage on social media platforms, are confident about meeting deadlines, and are eager to learn, this role might be a good fit for you.
This role will require 10 documented hours each week over the course of 3 months.
What You’ll Experience:
- Creative liberties within brand guidelines to curate a portfolio of short-form social media videos.
- A passionate and talented team of people who will support your role.
- Mentoring from the Global Brigades Director of Marketing.
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills around social media strategy in the non-profit sector.
- The ability to carry out digital strategies for social good.
- A letter of recommendation and LinkedIn review based on performance upon completion of the internship.
- Preferred to be available Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 12 pm Pacific Time to attend weekly marketing meetings.
- Can commit 7 hours each week to support and lead video editing projects.
- Ability to become culturally fluent in Global Brigades & Squads Abroad messaging.
- Clarity, professionalism, friendliness, and approachability in communication tone.
- Experience making and editing short videos, samples will be requested.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; able to collaborate effectively in a virtual environment.
- Organized and have excellent time management skills.
Applications for this unique learning experience will be accepted until the role is filled. The position begins in June and ends in August. You are expected to document 10 hours of work each week. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship.
To apply, please submit your resumé and 1-3 video samples (Instagram Reels or TikToks) to Alexa Schmidt at email@example.com.