Title: Marketing Intern | Focus in either Social Media or Email Marketing (Unpaid)
Duration: 8 months (September 2021 – May 2022)
Location: Virtual – United States
Who We Are:
Global Brigades is an international non-profit that empowers communities to meet their health and economic goals through university volunteers and local teams. We work alongside rural community members to achieve their core development goals through integrated health, water and sanitation, and economic development programs. Based on its Holistic Model, Global Brigades’ mission is to sustainably transition out of each community once it has met development objectives relying on both the strong buy-in of the community members and a dedicated in-country staff. This role will also support Squads Abroad, Global Brigades’ sister organization that works with middle and high school volunteers.
We are seeking to hire two marketing interns: one for a role focused on social media, and another focused on email marketing. If you are passionate about helping others, have a skill set for marketing, are confident about meeting deadlines, and are eager to learn, this role might be a good fit for you. This role will require 10 documented hours each week over the course of 8 months.
What You’ll Experience:
- Hands-on marketing experience and the opportunity to have your work published in the non-profit sector.
- A passionate and talented team of people who will support your role.
- The ability to carry out digital strategies for social good.
- A letter of recommendation and LinkedIn review based on performance upon completion of the internship.
- Available every Tuesday from 9:30 am to 12 pm Pacific Time to attend weekly marketing meetings.
- Can commit 7 hours each week to proactively support the marketing team with one of the following:
- Social Media: Create original social media content, engage on various social channels, monitor engagement, and report key performance indicators.
- Email Marketing: Draft email content on various email service providers, work with internal customer relationship management systems (CRM), and report key performance indicators.
- Strong fluency in Global Brigades & Squads Abroad messaging.
- Clarity, professionalism, friendliness, and approachability in communication tone
- Aptitude for social media and digital marketing.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; able to collaborate effectively in a virtual environment
- Organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Pursuing or have a degree in Communication, Marketing, or Business preferred
Applications for this learning experience will be accepted until both marketing internships roles are filled. The positions begin on September 21st and end on May 6th. You will be expected to document 10 hours of work each week. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship. To apply, please submit your quick application through this form.