Who We Are:
Global Brigades is an international non-profit that empowers communities to meet their health and economic goals through university volunteers and local teams. We work alongside rural community members to achieve their core development goals through integrated health, water and sanitation, and economic development programs. Based on its Holistic Model, Global Brigades’ mission is to sustainably transition out of each community once it has met development objectives relying on both the strong buy-in of the community members and a dedicated in-country staff.
We are seeking to hire a legal intern to support the legal functions of Global Brigades and its various international entities. The Legal Intern will report to the Chief Admin Officer/General Counsel. If you are passionate about nonprofits and international law, eager to gain hands-on experience and insight into the roles of Risk, Admin, Compliance, and General Counsel, are studying law or business administration, have extremely high attention to detail, and are confident about meeting deadlines, this role may be a good fit for you.
This role will require a minimum of 10 documented hours each week over the course of 6 months, with the opportunity to extend after 6 months.
What You’ll Experience:
- Hands-on legal, compliance, and administrative responsibilities in the international nonprofit sector.
- Exposure to C-level decision making and responsibilities.
- Completing ad hoc assignments and calls as assigned by the General Counsel.
- International collaboration with multiple legal entities across three continents.
- A passionate and talented team of people who will support your role.
- A letter of recommendation and/or LinkedIn review based on performance upon completion of the internship.
- Professionalism and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Highly resourceful and extremely effective at working independently.
- Organized with excellent time management skills.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Pursuing or have a degree in Law or Business preferred
Applications for this internship experience will be accepted until the role is filled. The position begins on July 11th and ends on December 31st. You are expected to document 10 hours of work each week. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.