Who We Are:
Global Brigades is an international non-profit that empowers communities to meet their health and economic goals through university volunteers and local teams. We work alongside rural community members to achieve their core development goals through integrated health, water and sanitation, and economic development programs. Based on its Holistic Model, Global Brigades’ mission is to sustainably transition out of each community once it has met development objectives relying on both the strong buy-in of the community members and a dedicated in-country staff. This role will also support Squads Abroad, Global Brigades’ sister organization that works with middle and high school volunteers to scale impact.
We are seeking an intern interested in telling the story of our impact through email marketing. If you are passionate about helping others, can write compelling content, are confident about meeting deadlines, and eager to learn, this role might be a good fit for you.
This role will require 10 documented hours each week over the course of 8 months.
What You’ll Experience:
- A passionate and talented team of people who will support your role
- Supportive mentorship from the Global Brigades Director of Marketing and Marketing Associate
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills around email marketing strategy in the non-profit sector
- The ability to carry out digital strategies for social good
- A letter of recommendation and LinkedIn review based on performance upon completion of the internship
- Available every Monday from 10-11 am Pacific Time to attend the Global Brigades weekly marketing meeting
- Available every Tuesday from 11 am – 12 pm Pacific Time to attend the Squads Abroad weekly marketing meeting
- Able to dedicate four hours per week to draft email marketing content
- Able to dedicate four hours per week to support Marketing Associate with setting up email templates
- Capable of gaining fluency in Global Brigades & Squads Abroad messaging. Previous volunteer or Chapter Leader experience preferred
- Clarity, professionalism, friendliness, and approachability in communication tone
- Aptitude for digital marketing
- Excellent writing and communication skills; able to collaborate effectively in a virtual environment
- Organized and have excellent time management skills
- Pursuing or have a degree Communication, Marketing, or Business preferred
Applications for this unique learning experience will be accepted until the role is filled. The position begins on October 26th and ends May 28th. You are expected to document 10 hours of work each week. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship. To apply, please submit your resumé to Alexa Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this unique learning experience will be accepted until the role is filled. The position begins on August 24th and ends May 28th. You are expected to document 10 hours of work each week. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship. To apply, please submit your resumé to Alexa Schmidt at email@example.com.
Global Brigades is committed to equity and inclusion across our programs, volunteers and staff. Global Brigades does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or gender expression, disability, sexual orientation in any of our operations.